Deepening your Spiritual Journey starts here...
The Spiritual Education and Enrichment program offers a wide variety of topics for you to deepen your knowledge and practice of Unity's foundational teachings.
Spiritual Education & Enrichment Program
- If you are just getting started, you will need to enroll in the school as a UWSI student. This is a one-time enrollment fee of $35.
- It takes 3 - 5 business days to process your enrollment. Once it is processed, you will receive an email from us with your login information.
- If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please reach out to our enrollment coordinator, Juli Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to enroll in UWSI.
- SEE classes are the current pre-requisites for both the LUT Program & M&RS Program.
- There are no pre-requisites required to take SEE courses.
- There are 22 SEE courses. Click here to see the full list of classes.
- All classes are held twice within a calendar year (Winter/Summer & Spring/Fall).
- All SEE classes are held online and meet once a week, typically in the evenings for an hour to an hour and a half.
- SEE classes are 5 to 8 weeks long, depending on the course.
- SEE courses are $120 per class.
- SEE course credit is valid for 10 years.
Spiritual Education & Enrichment Courses (click on the course title for more information)
MONDAY EVENING CLASSES:
HTS 115 - Metaphysics 3: Mondays - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. CT
TUESDAY EVENING CLASSES:
WEDNESDAY EVENING CLASSES:
THURSDAY EVENING CLASSES:
NO LIVE SESSIONS:
SCS 120 - Jesus' Teachings: Asynchronous (no live sessions)
Courses Taught in Field Ministries
A field course is a course of study taken at a Unity church or ministry.
All field courses must be taught by a Licensed Unity Teacher (LUT) or a Unity Minister. Field courses can be taken for education, knowledge, spiritual enrichment and growth. There are two categories of field courses: 1. For credit or 2. Not for credit.
Students who take field courses for credit must either register before the course is offered on the UWSI website, or the LUT or minister must submit an official grade report form after the course is completed. There is a $45 registration fee for each course taken in the field for credit. If the course is promoted on the UWSI website, a student can register and pay that fee on this page: UWSI (geniussis.com). If the instructor chooses not to promote their course on the website, the instructor must submit an official grade report form after the course is taught with a $45 check from each student. If the ministry is paying for a number of students, a single check with the total amount due for all students combined must accompany the grade report form. For example, if a ministry pays for 4 students to take Foundations of Unity, a check in the amount of $180 must accompany the grade report form.
Effective January 1, 2023, students who want to take a field course for credit must register for the course before the course ends. Students requesting course registration after a course has ended will not be granted credit and will be required to re-take the course. UWSI encourages students to register for credit for each course just in case their path leads to a leadership position within the Unity ministry.
To drop a course/s, please send an email, listing course/s to be dropped, to the UWSI Enrollment Coordinator. The date on this email request will be the date used for issuing any appropriate refund. All fees (such as Payment Plan Fee) are nonrefundable.
Note: Only an email to the UWSI Enrollment Coordinator will be accepted to officially drop a course. The following methods will not result in an officially dropped course:
- Phone calls or voice messages
- Attempts to drop a course through Blackboard
Tuition refunds are given on the following basis:
- Before term begins: 100% refund
- Before end of week one: 100% refund*
- Before end of week two: 50% refund*
- After week two: no refund*
*Note: Each UWSI term begins on Monday and a “week” runs Monday through Sunday at midnight. Course materials are available from the first day of each term. If the course’s online sessions with an instructor is not until later in the week, students are still expected and instructed to begin working on course materials from the first day of each term. Therefore, refund requests for a dropped course will be issued according to the above schedule. Example: To receive a 50% refund, the student must send an email to the UWSI Enrollment Coordinator before midnight Sunday during the second week of the term.
Exception Request: Students who feel their individual circumstances warrant an exception from the above-stated policies may appeal by an email to Unity Worldwide Ministries’ Executive Director of Education. The appeal should include:
- a statement of the exception being requested
- an explanation of why an exception should be granted
- any appropriate materials to support the request for the exception.
The student’s appeal email and attached supporting material are to be emailed to the UWSI Enrollment Coordinator.