Tax Exempt Status
Although churches are, in general, recognized as tax-exempt, a church with an exemption number has several advantages.
Some advantages are:
- Donor's contribution is tax-deductible
- Reduced nonprofit mailing rate
- Eligible for government/foundation grant application
- Eligible for property & sales tax exemption application
- 403(b) possible
- FUTA & SUTA tax exemption
- PSA announcement possible
- Option to opt-out from FICA & SECA tax, etc.
All member ministries in good standing who submit an annual report by March 31 of each year will be included in Unity Worldwide Ministries' tax-exempt 501c3 umbrella filing.
Tax and Accounting
Minister and ministry tax, accounting, and budget FAQs
IRS Change of Address Form - for Ministries Under UWM Tax Umbrella
Manse Request - Use this form to request that Unity Worldwide Ministries approve your manse for purposes of a tax-exempt distribution from our pension plan.