Welcome to the purpose-filled call to serve your community. It's more than governance, it's a life-curriculum of deepening community, awakening purpose and digging deeper into self- awareness. The way of authentic leadership is to encourage one another by listening and being fully present.
The journey of board leadership is a call to sacred service and deepening community connection. This can be the greatest journey of the spiritual life.
The idea of evaluation can make us vulnerable and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, evaluation is essential for ongoing growth and improvement. It is a tool for determining where we are in relation to where we would like to be. Without clear, intentional, and ongoing processes of evaluation, organizations tend to be focused on maintaining the status quo rather than continuously evolving and deepening their capacity to fulfill their mission.
This manual is about breathing into the places in spiritual community in which we might feel uneasy, defensive and vulnerable. It is about making our spiritual principles and ideals come alive in our midst. It is meant to support us in being fully present with one another, and working consciously and interdependently with one another in all aspects of community life.
It provides guidance that allows ministers, boards and ministry members to work collaboratively in serving a common purpose, tapping the collective intelligence of the community, and unleashing the potential of the ministry.
The UWM Resource Guides are field-tested by Unity leaders and spiritual communities and specifically designed to develop and support Unity leaders, potential leaders and the Unity spiritual communities they serve. These Resource Guides provide a whole-ministry process designed to support Unity leaders and communities by stepping into and embracing their potential...authentically and powerfully. Leadership & Ministry Development Resource Guides
- If you are a Unity minister or ministry, contact us for the password to login for your free access to these materials.
- If not a Unity minster or ministry, decide which Guide(s) your community is most interested in, click on the cover picture or title of the Guide you are interested in and you'll be directed to our Unity Worldwide Ministries' Shop.
We have a number of resources focused on prosperity consciousness for you and your spiritual community. The Practice of Thriving 1.0 booklet is based on Edwene Gaines' Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity. The Practice of Thriving 2.0 booklet is based on Eric Butterworth's Spiritual Economics. There are Unity quotes on prosperity in Timeless Treasures and copies of the Power of Prosperity newsletters. We also have videos, brochures, booklets, and an Unexpected Income Program for you to explore and use.
Church Mutual is a great resource for ministry policies, procedures, and best practices. Here are some no-cost safety-related resources available for ministries.
Safety Checklists (English/Espanol)
- Reconcile: Conflict Transformation For Ordinary Christians, Lederach, John Paul
- Leading Change in the Congregation, Rendle, Gilbert
- Creating a Healthier Church, Richardson, Ronald
- Managing Transitions, 3rd edition, Bridges, William
- Nonviolent Communication, Rosenberg, Marshall
- How To Let God Help You, Fillmore, Myrtle
- In the Flow of Life, Butterworth, Eric
- How Then Shall We Live? Muller, Wayne