Microlearning (self-paced trainings) for Youth & Family Ministry
Microlearning consists of short training modules that are focused on a specific topic that contain the information necessary to help the learner achieve a specific objective or goal. The training modules are designed to support the growth and development of youth and family ministry programs by offering simple and effective ways to train your staff and volunteers. Click here to access the mini-trainings.
- Aha Parenting: Books and articles on parenting
- Child-Mind Institute: Children's books about mental health
- Children of the Earth United: Many ideas and resources that help our kids connect to the Earth.
- Common Sense Media: Best Music, Movies, TV, APPS, Websites and more
- Exploratorium: Learning Toolbox: Make sense of timely topics and find general science support for your virtual classroom or learning together at home.
- Fact-checking Tools for Teens and Tweens
- Google Arts and Culture: An on-line platform to explore art and culture.
- HeartMath: Tools and training teach people to rely on the intelligence of their hearts in concert with their minds.
- Inspire My Kids: Kids can change the world. All they need is a little inspiration!
- Kahoot: Game-based learning platform
- Makerspace by GoldieBlox: Make Stuff - Do Stuff - DIY projects that put the fun in functional.
- Sarah Pirtle & the Discovery Center: Sarah Pirtle works with all ages developing courage and compassion.
- Search Institute: Bring out the best in your families.
- Sourcebooks offers FREE downloadable PDFs of activity kits, discussion guides and educator guides for select kids and young adult titles. From picture books to YA, we have easy ways to keep kids learning from home!
- Steve Spangler Science: 50 experiments for 50 days", starting on Monday, March 23
- Susan Kaiser Greenland: Blog and information about raising mindful kids.
- Teampedia: A collaborative encyclopedia of free team building activities and tools for teams.
- TED-ED on-line learning platform
Websites: Child/Family Focused
- Camp Erin Grief Resources
- Kids Help Phone Canada
- Your Life Your Voice
- Nationl Alliance for Grieving Children
- The Dougy Center
- The Trevor Project
Storybooks for Children