LoveLight Ambassadors: Unity's World Outreach Program
What is LoveLight?
LoveLight partners with communities to break the cycle of poverty through youth leadership and education.
Founded in 2002, LoveLight assisted its partner community, Riviersonderend (RSE), South Africa, in building a children’s sanctuary. This place provides community youth with hot meals, additional childcare for younger siblings, and a safe place to simply be kids. The “grandmothers” of the community assist with schoolwork, teaching life skills, and emotional support.
In 2012, a Youth of Unity (Y.O.U.)-style retreat was introduced. Focusing on developing self-worth, trust, connection, and leadership skills through universal spiritual tools, the Ubuntu Camp has grown into an exchange program between the youth leadership from the U.S. and the youth leadership from RSE. Since their partnership with LoveLight began, RSE has multiplied their high school graduation rate by 10, and has sent over 30 first-generation students to University.
Why We Choose LoveLight
- Proven program success of over 20 years, originating from a Unity ministry (The Light Center: Robin Goff, LUT)
- Non-proselytizing, community-led: Responsible and respectful structure and power dynamic
- Supports UWM vision in creating “A world powerfully transformed through the growing movement of shared spiritual awakening.”
- Expandable, with possibilities of making a difference both within and outside the Unity movement.
- Volunteer for planning teams
- Sign up for voluntourism trip
- Send a one-time or monthly donation for LoveLight to sponsor our youth
- Consider estate planning
- Contact the Early Adult Program Coordinator below for more information on these options and how you can support the program
- Order one our teen-designed shirts from our Fall 2023 event here.